2021 - What a year!

This year, I learnt to be resilient 
That I can be a warrior 
Withstood wars that broke me
And permanently maimed
Wired my broken bits back up
And puffed my chest out with pride

This year, I learnt that I’m reckless
More often than not - that
Sometimes, I don’t follow the recipe
Sometimes, I’m too idealistic
Sometimes, I sneak out to the rooftop
Sometimes, I look for the familiar sight of home
Within the walls of my imagination - and
I can put a face I never saw above every human I know
Give my whole being to just meet him

This year, I learnt to be a feminist
Learned to walk through any alien city
With fierce light clinging to my head
Not burying my wild side
Talking about existence, patriarchy, politics
Got out of the shell, took charge – and
Became a woman with choices

Astronomy Observing Trip

This year, I learnt to be a human
Self-reflected at what I’d really look like
If you read me like a book
Some would love me, some would not – but I
Stopped tacking meaning onto trivial things
Tolerant to different people, cultures and situations
Trying to swerve with no judgements
Seeing people flee their own homes 
Unable to breathe the acid air
Made me respect what I have and what I owe for it

This year, I learnt to love
My emotions are not bulletproof after all

Here we go – 2022!

Comments

Popular Posts